Wednesday, November 07, 2007

You know what this means, don't you?

SWEET!
A new study came out today...it says being overweight isn't so terrible afterall!

Being 25 pounds overweight doesn't appear to raise your risk of dying from cancer or heart disease, says a new government study that seems to vindicate Grandma's claim that a few extra pounds won't kill you.


I guess that means the DIET'S OVER!!!

Ok, not really, but still, it's kinda good news, but also a little irritating.

Doesn't it seem to always happen? First, some study comes out and says that something we love is bad for us. It can't be something we don't like...oh no...it's something we love. Like chocolate or coffee or wine or whatever.
Wouldn't it be awesome if some study came out and said that paying our bills was detrimental to our health! (ok, I know, it is, but work with me!!)

Could you imagine that conversation: "I'm sorry Mr. Banker, but my health insurance won't cover me so long as I'm paying my car payment....take it up with them!"

So stuff we like is bad for us, then, a few years later, new studies come out and say why the first study was all wet and stupid.
For years we've heard that being even a few pounds overweight is equivalent to putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger. Now, it comes out that there may actually be BENEFITS to it! Huh? What did I miss?

Chocolate was bad for you...now, not so much.
Coffee was bad for you...now, not so much.
Wine was bad for you...now, not so much.
Being overwieght was bad for you...now, not so much.

Don't get me wrong, all those things CAN be bad for you....in excess.
So can excercise, so can reading, so can tofu (whatever that is!)

I guess God had it right when he said "temperate in all things". Amazing! (sw)

Elbow.
And.
Send.