Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Creative Process

Probably since high school, I've liked to write. Part of the reason I started this blog is so that I could (hopefully) improve my writing skills. I've enjoyed writing this blog and I enjoy that I look out for things that I'd like to write about.
Also, I've started to try and find information around the writing process itself. Where ideas come from, what to do with them, etc, etc. I've even bought a book!

I've linked to John Scalzi several times over the last few months. One of the reasons why I like his work is precisely because he likes to help aspiring writers (of which, I find myself among).
This month, he's asked dozens of authors that he knows to post something on his blog about the writing process. Today, he's asked Elizabeth Bear, and she's posted a very good thought on the process behind writing a novel.
If you're interested in writing, take a look and let me know what you think.