Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some Funky Syncopation!

It's no secret that I love cartoons. Always have. Always will.
From when I was a kid waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch Superfriends to, well, this morning watching Phineas and Ferb with my youngest.
There was a time when I stopped watching them though. During my teen years and into my twenties, cartoons were TERRIBLE. At some point, the producers of the shows were allowed to change the way they marketed items to kids during cartoon times and from then on, the money for cartoons was put into that...marketing. Not the content of the 'toons, but the commercials and products surrounding them.
So the early stuff was 'good'. The middle stuff...not so good.
What's making (some) cartoons good again is competition! Between the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nic-toons and a few others, there are boatloads of cartoons options out there, so cartoons are getting more and more clever.
Phineas and Ferb are currently my favorite...mostly because I find them clever.
Here is a clip from one of my favorite episodes called: Dude, Were Getting The Band Back Together which is a slight send up of the Blues Brothers.
Enjoy. **Updated with a working link