Friday, November 24, 2006

Holiday TV

Trying to get motivated to get moving this morning. Kim's still sleeping in the Sun Room, Bear is still in bed and the boy's are down at my sisters.
So....I'm watching Holiday TV!
On Bravo this morning is the Funniest Movies of all time marathon. I LOVE all time lists.
Of the ones that have been listed, I've seen 80% or so. Some that I've not seen that I really need to are:
The Big Libowski, Wedding Crashers and This Is Spinal Tap. I've quoted lines from those movies (the 11 gig in Spinal Tap is classic...I've seen the scene, not the movie) but never seen them. I'm ashamed!

They've not missed any of my favorites:
Stripes, Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail, Young Frankenstein, Bill and Ted, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and such
The great thing about these Best Off shows is that
1) You get validation...what you loved about a movie, others loved,
and 2) You learn something about it that you didn't know. I like the way the go behind the scenes, talk with the directors or actors and talk about something you wouldn't get by just watching the movie.

I can never figure out what my favorite funny movie is....I love so many funny movies...if you put a gun to my head, it would probably be between Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Blues Brothers. Choosing between favorite funny films is like choosing which child is your favorite...impossible. You love them for vastly different reasons.