Friday, March 30, 2007

Freedom of Religion...gotta love it.

The Bill of Rights protects our rights of religion by making it difficult for the governemnt to get involved with religion. I got no issue with this. As a matter of fact, it's one of the things that makes us a great nation. (Yes, we still are a great nation!)

That said, sometimes you come across people in religions that are soooo very bizarre. There was the whole Jim Jones thing, the Brannch Dividians with David Koresh and we can go on and on.

Many of these, like those listed above, are more about power hungry/delusional men who, as far as I can tell, don't know anything about the God I serve.

However, not all these wackos are like the Heaven's Gate wackoes. This is a story about one of those far, far out beliefs, that our lovely Bill of Rights protects.

It's hard to pick out my favorite quote from that story, but I think this is it:
Since then, the Flying Spaghetti Monster has gained countless followers worldwide, although there are those who remain spagnostic.


Count me in as an 'Unbeliever'!
rAmen