Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Half As Much As Tomorrow

On my way home from work yesterday, I heard a comedy skit by Bill Engvall yesterday on the way home from work called Now That's Awesome.
In it, Bill talks about how, because of the 90's, we overuse the word Awesome.

I'd have to agree.

There are few things that I've seen that truly earn that term.
Yosemite National Park....Awesome
The birth of my children....Awesome
Seeing God work in the lives of family and friends....Awesome.
Those have all inspired awe and wonder in me like few other things.

What has been the most awesomest part of my life for the longest is my wife.
She's awesome. In every way.
She's been a major part of my life since is was THIRTEEN YEARS OLD. I'm 38 now...you do the math.
In that time, we've broke up a few times, made up even more times, been mad at each other and been madly in love at others. Through the entire time, she's been my center, my compass, at times my conscience, and at other times the reason I've been in trouble.
Everything I see in her I admire/love/lust after/harken to/etc. more today than I did on the day we got hitched. Hopefully when we're old and she's grey (I'm already there) I'll be able to say the same thing.

I'm not gonna get all sappy and such here in my blog (you're welcome), but I do want to convey here the truth of Spiral Starecase song....I can honestly say I love my wife more today than I have ever loved her before, and fully intend on loving her more in the future than I do today.

That's Awesome.