Thursday, February 15, 2007

What do you do?

I've read that "Writers write."
I don't know if I want to be a 'writer' but I do know that would like to be a better writer than I am now. That's a big part of the reason why I started this blog. It's a place where I can get some thoughts out of my brain as well as try to see if I have a 'voice', what that 'voice' sounds like and if I have any talent at this.

Part of the reason why I have this desire is because I read. I read things that, after I read them I think: 'Wow, that's cool. I wanna be able to do that.'

I've point to Wil Wheaton a bunch as part of my inspiration for this. One of his inspirations, John Scalzi wrote something that I really enjoyed reading and figured I'd point you to it. It's called The Exisitential Plight of Chester Chipmate

Also, for those of you who would also like to write a bit better, either for enjoyment or for other reasons, here's something else he's written.
1. Writing Tips for Non-Writers
2. Advice on writing
3. How much you should write each day