Sunday, February 25, 2007

Life is complicated

Do you ever feel sorry for someone whom you probably should not? I am a bit of a soft heart, so it is kind of easy for me to feel sorry for people. However, I find that not everyone is this way.
For example, I had felt sorry for Paris Hilton. I realize that in many respects the abuse that she has taken and the embarrassment she has endured are largely due to her own actions. However I still feel sorry for all the trouble and ridicule that has been heaped upon her.
I have argued this with family and co-workers alike. I admit, I've got a tough sell here. Many times people in Paris' position (hehe) deserve what they get, it is said. It is a work of their own doing, and they have to reap what they sow.
Whereas, I can not disagree with this on its face, I do still feel sorry for people who are constantly ridiculed, no matter the cause.

Another person to whom I have begun to feel sorry for as of late is Britney Spears. Much like Paris, she's brought a lot of this on herself, but you got to believe that she would do much better if she had a parent (or two) who were/had looking/looked out for her, or if she had a good friend, husband, pastor, girlfriend, doorman, blogger, whatever that she could trust to give her good advise. Advise like "Don't marry that loser!" or "Put some clothes on". Simple, plain advise.

She is a great example of the phrase 'life comes at you fast', and in that vein of thought, I would like to introduce you to a blog I came across called Indexed, that, if you like XKCD, you will like Indexed as well.
In particular, it had a blog that referenced Britney and her troubles of late.