Sunday, January 28, 2007

Happy Birthday

My wife and I got to meet a new member of our extended (re: work) family yesterday. Her name is Mia and she is: a doll; cutie; sweetheart; (unpack your own adjective here, just as long as it's sweet!).

Her folks are some of the nicest people you're gonna meet.
We've gotten to know them over the last few years and really enjoy their company.

We got her some cute little boots and an pink outfit that she won't be able to wear until sometime next year :)

If we were more clever (which wouldn't be hard), we would have gotten them something from one of the white trash stores (you know, Old Navy, The Gap, etc) cause little Mia's mommy is a bit picky on the stores she goes into (and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to tease her about it).

I'm always reminded of the line from the Ded Bob Show where Ded Bob says he's gonna be all over this lady like, and I quote, 'Old Navy on White Trash'.
That may be, just may be, the funniest thing ever said by a puppet.
What makes it particularly funny is that we like Old Navy close and don't really dispute our White Trashi-ness!

We could have gone over the top and bought her something from White Trash Mecca, Wal-Mart, but that would have just been mean, and everyone knows I'm not just mean.

Anyways, I digress and say, congrats to the (once again) new mommy and daddy!
All looks to be fine as wine and dandy as candy.


*couldn't find a good poem with Mia in it, so I found the next best thing....enjoy