Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A time to reflect..

Ok, so, two weeks into the New Year, how are you doing?
I hope all is well and you are becoming the person you ought to be. I'm feeling a bit introspective today and started thinking about how my New Year's resolutions are doing.

I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
I feel closer to my family than ever. Not quite sure how to explain it, but something seems to have clicked with me and the boys. They've always been (and really continue to be) closer to my wife then to me, but lately they've seem to have find a bigger place in their heart for me. Gotta love that.
Marion and I have always clicked in that fashion and still she continues to be daddy's little girl.
As for my wife, I still get amazed at how much I care about this woman. We've been married for 15 years, and I love her way more today than I did then. We've gotten to be even better friends, even though she's been my best friend for as long as I can remember.
So, resolution 1: on track

I've lost 11 pounds so far this year. I'm on a bit of a plateau right now, but even though the weight isn't going away, I'm looking a bit thinner in the mirror, so that's cool
Resolution 2: on track

I feel like my mental disposition has changed a bit, but not nearly enough. I still get sullen and have a difficult time pulling out of it, but I recognize both when it's happening and why it's happening and am working at getting out of the funk when it does happen and prevent it from happening as much. I think more than a little of this is because we've not been in church as much as we need to have been. That's changing now that we've found a new church to call home.
Resolution 3: On track (but behind schedule)

We've even gotten a bit of control on spending. Still got a lllloooonnnngggg way to go but you gotta start somewhere. Besides, this was the long shot resolution.
Resolution 4: still to early to tell.

How are you doing? Many people don't make resolutions, either because they always fail or because the feel that this is a never ending effort that shouldn't begin arbitrarily at the beginning of each year, but still.
How are you doing?
Do you like who you are?
Who you are becoming?

I hope you find yourself where you need to be. I'm of the mind that, no matter what this year has in store; good or bad; sickness or health; feast or famine that I'm going to become the person who I ought to be. The Christian, husband, father, son, brother, in-law, employee and person that I ought to be.