Monday, January 15, 2007

It's good to be me.

What a weekend. VV nice.
I'd like to thank the family and friends who came over to the house yesterday to help celebrate my birthday. You all rock so hard the house shakes!
We had a brazillion people over; half of them seemed to be girls!
I got to see the cutest thing ever. We had 6 (count 'em 6) girls under thirteen stay the night last night (in age they were 6, 6, 8, 10, 10, 12) plus my two boys (6, 12) playing Dance Dance Revolution (DDR)...all at once. It was like having my own Chorus line in my living room. That was the definition of cute (I know, I looked it up and there was a picture of the 8 of them playing DDR).
All of my wife's immediate family came over and it was sooooo nice to see them all. Billie and John brought little Eden's (known as 7 of 10) Pony Walker over and she was zooming all over the living room.
Missy and Brian stopped brought their three over with them(all girls, one of which stayed the night!)
And Nick and Sabrina came with Mal (Bad, in the latin) who may be about the most handsome little boy ever.
The Wallace's and their Daughter, Son-in-law and their daughter (who is the second entry in the dictionary under cute) stopped by as well. What a nice surprise and I was sooo happy to see them all.

Also, Sunday was the first day at our new church. Service was excellent and the people there are really great. The Pastor has been a good friend of mine and my families since we were teens. Pray that we are a good fit there.

My buzz got a little harshed late Sunday night when my mom called and told me that my niece and the family she has moved in with are planning on suing my folks for my nieces' social security money. Never mind that my folks DON'T RECEIVE ANY MONEY FOR HER!
When she moved in with that family, I told my pastor that I didn't really harbor any ill will towards them, I just felt sorry for them for what they had brought into their home. Well, that is no longer the case. I'm to the point where I'm wishing gobs and gobs of ill will on them. Not a place I like to be in.

My guess is that's it's either a bluff or a lie, but that's really beside the point. I can't believe that a lawyer, being the wise, upstanding people they are, would take their case.


Not much to do in either case....what comes around goes around and these things have a way of getting worked out.

Oh, and BTW, Happy MLK Day folks. Keep the dream alive!