Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Saga Begins...

A long, long time ago. In a pair of blue jeans far, far too small...

Ok folks, here it is...time to start those resolutions. I'm hoping that this'n blog thingy helps me keep them. Anyway, starting today, is the kinder, gentler more me me.
What I love about the New Year is that it at least gives you a chance. A chance to be the you that you've always wanted to be. Sure life can jump up an kick you in the nards, but there is always the chance that it doesn't. Why expect it to. Why not expect the better or even the best.
There was a time when I was always optomistic. Always looked for the good in things....everything was Shiny! I've kinda lost that over the last few years and I don't like that.
Don't you want to be the person you've always wanted to be?
Slimmer? Wittier? Funnier? Pray more? Exercise more? Nicer?
Visit your folks more often? Get together with your Brother or Sister more often? Read a popular novel? Start a blog? Be a better employee? Be a better (fill in the blank)?
It's the first of the year and you can do any/all of these things if you choose. You've got the chance, all you need is a kick in the pants and some determination.
As for me, I'm gonna give it a shot.
My big goal is to lose 50 pounds THIS YEAR! I'm starting today at 270 pounds. Not as big as I've ever been (I was 284 a few years back) but way bigger than I should be. I'm going to lose 50 pounds and I'm going to do it this year. More excersise and less chocolate (and cake and candy and blah blah blah).
Of course there are the other resolutions that I've made that I will be working on keeping as well.
Good luck and may the force be with you!