Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas is a time.....

Wow...what a weekend...sad and sweet.
On Friday, we had to attend a funeral for a friend.
One of the elderly ladies in my church passed on last week. This is the sad part. Sad for me, and for her family, not sad for her. Sister Alice was a great Christian woman and she is at peace and home with the Lord. No doubt.
Sister Alices' daughter, one of my favorite people in the world, Connie, told my wife that they where hoping her mom could be home by Christmas.
When Kim related this to my youngest, he thought that 'Home' was heaven. So he was happy that she had passed away last week....cause she would be home in time for the Birthday Party. I wished I had thought that line up!

So Friday we spent at the funeral and dinner. Saturday was finishing up Christmas shopping and stuff and Sunday started Christmas.

We go to my folks house on Christmas Eve and spend the day there.
We watched the Lions lose again. Ate a yummy dinner and opened presents. It's always good to spend the day with my folks. I don't do it as much as I should. That'll go to the top of New Years Lists.

Monday, we got up and had Christmas with the Kids....this is becoming one of my favorite times of the year. We used to spend New Years Eve Night at my In Laws...but once the other siblings started having kids, and my kids got older (drat) this got harder to do. So a few years ago, we started staying home and having Christmas at our house in the morning and then heading to the In Laws.

The kids got the normal toothbrush, toothpaste, candy and cloths. They also got some video games and such. They soon busted out the new DDR game. VV cool, especially when Mitch wiped out!

After that we went to the In Laws for breakfast (only so many ways you can spell yummy!) and presents.
After a while all the siblings showed up and things were right in the world. It's hard to put into words how much I care for this family, but I always feel it so sharply when were NOT all together. The last couple of years, Christmas has been spread out over there. Not everyone is lucky like us and can spend the whole day with the family. I realize that, but that doesn't mean I wish it weren't so.

Anyway, it was a very nice holiday...looking forward to the New Year...new resolutions, new decisions, new family memebers!!!