Saturday, December 16, 2006

We are family....

Family takes care of family. I'm not sure where I heard that, or when, but for some reason I've taken it to heart. I believe it. It's part of who I am.
Ever since I was 15, I've had at least two, then three families.
Obviously my folks, sister and brother were and are my first family. Family was big, specially to my mom, when I was growing up. We would make the four hour drive every holiday and at least once during the summer all through my youth.

Eventually, I started dating this real hot chick (that's another post). Didn't take long before I was head over heals for her. She was just right...long legs, long blond hair and big...um...eyes (yeah, eyes). Perfect. Plus she was smart and funny and all that jazz (blah blah blah.....let's get back to the...um....eyes).

Anyway....I digress....one of the things that I loved/love most about her was her family. The way they had get togethers, and loved each other and took care of each other. I always felt a part...felt like her sisters where my sisters...her little brother was my little brother. I still feel that way.

Today we had our annual Christmas Party. Oh what fun. Granma was there, and an aunt and uncle were there...Nana and Pappa were there too.....but only one sister. No brother.
Don't get me wrong...Billie, John and the Girls rock so hard it's not funny, but I did miss the other two and their families. That's one of those funny things were when not everyone is there, it doesn't feel completely right. I'm glad everyone has grown up, and found great people to fall in love with and have gobs and gobs (9.4 to be exact) children, but it sucks that they have lives that don't revolve around the greater family anymore. Not that it was their fault that they couldn't come today...we planned the party a bit later than maybe we should have, but that we came behind the other things that they needed to go to.

Oh well. It was still fun, plus Mitch got to play some Magic with his Uncle John. I swear that kid would move in with them if he had his chance. He'd miss his mom and maybe his older brother, but he's pretty sure they would come and visit! :)

BTW...my third family, my church.