Wednesday, December 20, 2006

We Are Family....revised

The other day, I posted about my 3 families. My immediate family, my wifes family (both immediate and extended) and my church. I forgot one other family. My work family.
I've been working in a "Professional" environment for 6 and a half years. Two years as a technician and the other 4 as a Business Analyst. In that time, I've worked with some of the most remarkable people.
I've had wonderful bosses who cared about me, my career and my family. I've made some of the closest friends of my life.

Yesterday we had our holiday lunch/party for our team. We ate dinner at Buca di Beppo's, which is 'oh my goodness' good. We had a blast just chatting and picking on each other and laughing. After that, most of us went over to Bill's house (one of my co-workers) for more fun and frivolity, revolving around playing cards and picking on Shivani:)

One of these day's, I'm going to have to find a new position within the company. I've been looking for a few months. I don't really like what I do anymore. I've been around this department for a long time and need something new. But the thing I'm most hesitant about in finding a new position is having to find a new family.