Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Twins

The coolest thing about being a parent is that you find out that you are capable of things that you wouldn't have know otherwise. Most prevelant among the things you realize you are (more) capable of is love.
The capacity to love grows exponentially when children are born. This is why the death of a child is so stunningly acute to a parent. The gap that is left behind by that death can only be salved by the Spirt of God.

That said, I'm constantly amazed at how much I love my children. Adoration is such a good word, because it conveys soooo much. I adore them and they are adorable. It's a good match.

Today is their birthday, and they are, , 12 years old. This means that in 365 days, I will be the proud papa of teenagers! Shoot me now!

Happy Birthday M&M....you two rock!