Monday, December 11, 2006

Today is the day.
If you've not heard, today is the day that the general salaried employees and their supervisors who have the pleasure of working at FoMoCo find out about the next steps in their future. Talk about harshing your buzz!
We all get to go in with our bosses boss (manager) and get read to. She (my manager) has a script that she is NOT to deviate from in the slightest, instructing me that I need to make the best descision possible for my family and my future. You can read that as: Take the Money and Run....Please!
I've got a couple of problems.
1. I love working here. Almost 7 years ago, I lost my first job...had twins and a bun in the oven and the place where I worked closed. Fun. However, I also had (and continue to have) bunches of people who love and pray for my family. The Lord worked everything out (as he usually does, even if I screw it up) to where I could finish my degree, feed the kids and keep the house, and when that was all set, he gave me a good job that became a doorway to where I'm at now. It's been great. I don't wanna leave!
2. Even if I wanted to, it wouldn't make sense...I don't have enough time in here to make it worthwhile to take the voluntary package. So, as I told my boss, they can have my badge when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

So long story longer, I get to listen to my manager tell me that if I can, I should leave. If I can't there may be a chance I get asked to leave. And if neither of that happens all is well and good, the company will make billions of dollars and we can all live happily ever after....NOT!