Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Lists

One of the fun things about Christmas time is the kids making up their Christmas lists. For as long as there has been a Santa Clause there have been kids making their lists, and checking them 400 times. My kids have been making their lists since October. It's cute.
However, what I don't like, is making them myself.
My mother in law insists on getting lists from all the adult kids. It drives me nuts. It feels like begging!
My opinion on adults exchanging gifts is that you get someone something YOU think they would like. You pay attention, think, check around with other people to see what they think and then you make a decision. But NOOOOOoooo. This is too time consuming. To hard to do. Just write up a list and hand it over and they'll do the rest from there. Blah blah blah.
The really frustrating thing about it is that I think that I'm very easy to figure out.
I like: Poker stuff (movies about poker, books about poker, periphenaliea), Golf, Bowling, Reading, Movies, Tools, I play guitar, collect Mustang (model cars) and am a computer/tech nerd. The tricky thing would be finding something that I WOULDN'T want for Christmas (Paisley Ties....yuck).
Oh, well, you know what the old folks say....C'est la vie.
Now, where is my Word file of last years Christmas list......